Aussie Airways Lizard Island Day Tour
- Scenic flight from Cairns to Lizard Island viewing extensive coral reef and sand cays on the way. Flight aproximatly one hour.
- Guided walking tour pionting out the islands featurs on the way to Watsons Bay.
- Swimming and snorkling over the coral clam gardens in Watsans Bay.
- Enjoy a refreshing picnic lunch in this idilic beach setting.
- Time to see the Blue Lagoon and lookouts with their photo opertunities.
- Return flight over Cape Flatterry, Cooktown, coastal World Heratage listed rainforist, Daintree River and Port Dougles.
Departs Cairns 8:30am
Venture North for a day filled with some of the most spectacular scenery in Australia.
Your Pilot will fly you at a comfortable viewing height over the Great Barrier Reef with its aqua hues of reefs and sand cays set in the Coral Sea. An unsurpassed view of a mosaic that could only have been created by the great artist himself.
When we reach Lizard Island we see the spectacular Blue Lagoon surrounding reefs and beautiful beaches. Experience the exclusiveness of Lizard Island on our guided tour walking to Watson’s Bay, a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the unique beauty of Lizard Island.
Enjoy a swim and snorkel over coral outcrops in Watson’s Bay a superb beach setting. View the coral reef clam gardens, abundant marine life, swimming and snorkelling in crystal clear waters. A tasty picnic lunch is provided in this idyllic island setting, after which you may relax as never before or explore the Blue Lagoon and lookout with their excellent photo opportunity.
On departing Lizard Island we fly over the shipping channel where Captain Cook sailed in 1770, Cape Flattery silica sand hills and Cooktown. We continue along the Coast flying over dense World Heritage Rainforest and the Bloomfield River. Then over the Daintree River and Port Douglas on our return flight to Cairns.
Lunch, flippers and snorkels provided.
Bring towel, casual clothing, personal requisites and wear swimwear.
Departing the General Aviation Turminal Cairns Airport at 8.30am
Pick up Cairns City and northen beaches 7.00 to 7.30am
Sercharge if guists request tour to run without minimum number required.